The program is designed to:
- Foster healthy meaningful dialogue with a clear intent to understand each other, oneself, and those met through the diverse thematic material of specially selected films on the varied modalities of peace.
- Challenge students to explore multiple subjects and to examine their perceptions while encouraging them to become attentive listeners and observers.
- Support teachers and schools in planting seeds for global citizenship, as well as conscious involvement in the lives of their friends, family, school and community.
Illinois Standards Met:
- Develop self-awareness and self-management skills to achieve school and life success.
- Use social-awareness and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive relationships.
- Demonstrate decision-making skills and responsible behaviors in personal, school, and community contexts.