Held annually on the first day of the Peace On Earth Film Festival, Student Voices for Peace Showcase is FREE, but seating is limited and reservations are required. Please call the POEFF at 773.273.1598 if you are interested in booking your school or community organization.
Student Voices for Peace Education Outreach is hosted by and will be held at Roosevelt University on Thursday, March 9th, 2017. This includes a tour of the university for all high school student attendees.
- Target Grades: 7th – 12th.
- 3 – 5 selected films in competition at the festival are shown, followed by an interactive discussion of each film with the student audience. The discussion includes POEFF Directors, as well as filmmakers in attendance whose films were selected for the Showcase
- Films for the student audience are selected on relatable themes specific to young people on peace, nonviolence, social justice and an eco-balanced world. Dialogue and discussion includes: establishing best practices of listening to and honoring another’s story, sharing challenges to peace in the students’ own lives, and exploring assumptions and attitudes.
- To ensure that every student can share their voice, each is provided a voting/comment card and pencil. After seeing the films and participating in the discussion, the students vote (and may include personal comments on the films/discussion) for the following award: “Student Choice Award for Most Inspiring Story”
- This special award, voted on solely by the students and staff attending the Student Voices for Peace Showcase, is presented to the winning filmmaker along with the other festival awards at the gala closing ceremony on Sunday evening.